The Refresh Character will cause SSH2/Telnet to repaint the screen data. This is useful in environments that may occasionally drop characters such as some RF Terminals. The refresh character may be modified to suit your application. This is modified through a registry key value.
This refresh character is a registry key value. The key is:
The default value is 0x12 that is .
This is how to change the registry key for the Refresh Character.
Note: (you must be on the Windows system that the Georgia SoftWorks Windows SSH2/Telnet Server is installed. However you may connect to the Windows Registry from a remote location).
1. Click the Start button at the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click RUN
3. Type REGEDT32
4. Click OK
5. Select Windows item HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
6. Select the menu item Edit
7. Move the mouse pointer and click Find
8. Type RefreshChar
9. Click on Find Next
10. Select the menu item Edit and then click on Modify
11. Enter the new value for the RefreshChar and click OK
The new RefreshChar will take effect for all new connections.